Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wicked Valentine's Readathon: Starting Line & Updates

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon
Host: April @ My Shelf Confessions

It's time to begin :) I'm so excited. I'm going to try and read a lot for the first part because the 11th, 12th, and 13th are going to be crazy busy for me.

I am trying to recover from a heartbreaking incident yesterday. I dropped my Kindle in the toilet. It's sitting in rice right now and I guess I should be optimistic, but I'm not. I'm trying to control myself from having a mental breakdown. It's my new Kindle I got for Christmas. My husband was going to let me use my old one, that is now his, but then we discovered that the e-ink display is messed up and it'd be virtually impossible to read on it. So that's two very messed up Kindles in my house. It's a Kindle graveyard. *fingers crossed for mine* 

Here are the (revised) books I'm wanting to read:
I Know I Am, But What Are You?Belles (Belles, #1)Key Lime Pie MurderDead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)

These are my main (revised) goals:
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 253 pages a day (1766 total)
  • Participate in 4 challenges
  • Participate in 1 Twitter chat
  • Visit blogs every day
  • Beat last readathon's accomplishments: 4 books, 1461 pages
Daily Updates: 

Day 1 - Thursday, Feb 7
Books I'm Working On Today:
I Know I Am, But What Are You?
Pages Read: 51
Books Finished: 0
Notes: AM: My new Kindle will be here on Saturday - Amazon has amazing customer service.
PM: I fail today. So hard. I was busy making cupcakes and lasagna and we had an FRG meeting. Shoo.

Day 2 - Friday, Feb 8
Books I'm Working On Today:
I Know I Am, But What Are You? The Silver Linings Playbook
Pages Read: 172 (TSLP)
Books Finished: 1 (TSLP)
Notes: AM: It's a snow day today - meaning all my plans and running around were cancelled. Also my new Kindle is supposed to get here today instead of tomorrow :)
PM: Participated in this challenge and finished one book. Tomorrow may be sketchy...we're going out to eat for a friend's birthday and then going to their house to spend the night.

Day 3 - Saturday, Feb 9
Books I'm Working On Today:
I Know I Am, But What Are You?Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
Pages Read: 10+
Books Finished: 1
Notes: I honestly didn't read very much at all. I spent my morning shoveling and cleaning house. Left at 1:30 to go out to eat for a friend's birthday and then went back to their house to spend the night.

Day 4 - Sunday, Feb 10
Books I'm Working On Today:
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)Key Lime Pie Murder
Pages Read: 21 pages (5%) of DWW. 13 pages of KLPM.
Books Finished: 1
Notes: Can I just ouch?!

Day 5 - Monday, Feb 11
Books I'm Working On Today:
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)Key Lime Pie Murder
Pages Read: 10 pages of DWW. 10 pages of KLPM.
Books Finished: 1
Notes: I did this challenge today. 2 down, 2 more to go :)

Day 6 - Tuesday, Feb 12
Books I'm Working On Today:
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
Pages Read: 22 pages
Books Finished: 1
Notes: Participated in the Cover Challenge (YAY!) and going to join for part of the chat. I've not read all day. Damn training. I've become very frustrated at the lack of reading I've been able to accomplish. Also it makes me want to cry. I need to read like some people need coffee in the morning.

Day 7 - Wednesday, Feb 13
Books I'm Working On Today:
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
Pages Read: 50
Books Finished: 1
Notes: Did another challenge - woohoo! Met my goal of 4 challenges.
------------------
Finish Line
My goal accomplishments:
  • Read 5 books - I finished 1.
  • Read 253 pages a day (1766 total) - I didn't read this many :'(
  • Participate in 4 challenges - DONE!
  • Participate in 1 Twitter chat- DONE!
  • Visit blogs every day - if you count visiting the challenges blogs....yes, I did. But otherwise, no, I haven't gotten around to visiting :(
  • Beat last readathon's accomplishments: 4 books, 1461 pages - Not even close. 1 book, 359 pages.

My thoughts:
I never expected my week to be nearly as busy as it was, but it was crazy. I'm surprised I read as many pages as I did! I did move "I Know I Am, But What Are You?" to my DNF pile. It wasn't as great as I expected. I also made a dent into "Dead Witch Walking". So all of that is awesome :)

I cannot wait for the next readathon. I desperately need one to get back on track!

6 comments:

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Looking forward to what you think of Belles and Pushing the Limits! :)

Chantal said...

Oh no :( Poor Kindle!

Abbynormal621 said...

I signed up for the read-a-thon too!!! I'm hoping this will push me to find more time to read and reach my yearly goal of books read :) I'm sorry about your kindle. I know how you feel. I've gone through 2. The screen just goes out and turns to lines. Nothing I do ever fixes it.

harley bear book blog said...

I love Pushing the Limits and Belles was really cute too. Hope you enjoy. Good luck!

Amy said...

Oh no!! I hope your kindle gets better! I'll have to join in on a read a thon one of these days!

Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

I got a kindle for Christmas and I sympathize with you. Glad your replacement is coming early! I am a first time readathon participant. the Key Lime Murder sounds fun and interesting. good luck with your goals and enjoy your snow day, stay safe and warm!