Sunday, January 1, 2017

January TBR List + Upcoming Releases


This year I have decided to not carry on the list that I have had for the last few years. I am going to basically just read as I go and read books I really want to read when I want to read them. My goal for 2017 is 52 books. One book for each week. Here are a few books that I am thinking about reading in January:
  1. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst: I received this in my December OwlCrate box and it was already on my to-read shelf on Goodreads!
  2. The remaining books of the Southern Vampire Mystery series by Charlaine Harris. I started book 10 (reread) and then I want to reread 11 and FINALLY read 12 and 13. If I don't do it soon, I will forget everything and have to reread the entire series again LOL
  3. The entire Series of Unfortunate Events series...again. Because I am so so so excited about the show and I am wanting to reread these books to remember all the ins and outs!

I'm also participating in a few challenges, in addition to the Goodreads yearly challenge. Most of them are ones that I have done for years. I am going to challenge myself to read 26 books for the ABC Challenge, finish 10 series for the Series Challenge, read 20 books in different states and 3 from different countries for the Travel Gnome Challenge, and 3 books for the Movie Adaptation Challenge. I'm also going to try and do this Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge (button with link below) and attempt to read 25 of my Netgalley books (the Silver level). Each month, I will update on my TBR post how I am doing on each challenge :)


http://bookishthingsandmore.com/2016/12/2017-netgalley-edelweiss-reading-challenge-sign-ups.html

------------------------
Now for some January book releases I'm excited about!

JANUARY 3
Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti
Lost Girls by Merrie Destefano
The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser

JANUARY 10
You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando
Roseblood by AG Howard
Frostblood by Elly Blake

JANUARY 12
A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr

JANUARY 17
The Radius of Us by Marie Marquardt
History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

JANUARY 31
By Your Side by Kasie West
Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley
Unfolding by Jonathan Freisen
Caravel by Stephanie Garber
What are you planning on reading in January?
What new releases are you looking forward to?

No comments: