Friday, August 25, 2017

Bout of Books 20 [Days 5-7 Progress + Finish Line]

Bout of Books

Here is my progress for the last three days of the readathon plus my final thoughts. In the first four days, I've only read Unicorn Power! and read a total of 142 pages. I'm hoping to continue to read more pages per day. I started off with 4 pages read and on the fourth day I read 81, so the number keeps growing :) Little by little.

[DAY 5 PROGRESS]
Unicorn Power! by Mariko Tamaki - started at 89%, ended at 100% (~22 pages) - done
Lumberjanes Vol.1 by Noelle Stevenson (24 pages) - done
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today
The Secret of the Sphinx by Samuel Bavli - started at 0%, ended at 44% (~58 pages)

TOTAL: 246 pages // 2 books finished

READING UPDATE: I read a total of 104 pages today, so my page count just keeps on going up! I'm hoping to finish Sphinx tomorrow and continue Roseblood.

------------------------------------------
[DAY 6 PROGRESS]
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today
The Secret of the Sphinx by Samuel Bavli - started at 44%, ended at 54% (~13 pages)

TOTAL: 259 pages // 2 books finished

READING UPDATE: I spent most of Saturday cleaning and cooking. I don't regret it because it needed done, but it meant I barely read until I was already entirely too tired. Hoping to finish Sphinx tomorrow (once again) and make a dent in Roseblood to finish out the readathon!
------------------------------------------
[DAY 7 PROGRESS]
Roseblood by AG Howard - didn't read today
The Secret of the Sphinx by Samuel Bavli - started at 54%, ended at 100% (~72 pages)
Caraval by Stephanie Garber - started at 0, ended at page 24 (~24 pages)

TOTAL: 355 pages // 3 books finished

READING UPDATE: I pushed through and finished The Secret and started Caraval in bed, so I didn't get as far as I had hoped there, but I broke 300 pages and finished 3 books.
------------------------------------------
[FINISH LINE]

TOTAL: 355 pages // 3 books finished

FINAL THOUGHTS: My goals were to finish 2 books and read every day. I accomplished that goal! Even though I had some very rough, low-page-count reading days, I did read every single day this week and I finished 3 books instead of 2, even though they were pretty low count books. I also wanted to finish off some books for #TheReadingQuest and I was able to do 1 quest line book and 2 side quest books. Overall, Bout of Books 20 was a huge success! I cannot wait for the next one. I'll be stopping by some blogs and Twitters today to leave some comments, but I hope everyone had a great week :)


No comments: