Thursday, August 3, 2017

#TheReadingQuest [TBR]

There wasn't a banner, so I cropped the sign up banner. All artwork is designed by CW of Read, Think, Ponder. It's amazing!

I'm joining in on a super fun reading challenge called The Reading Quest. It is hosted by Read at Midnight and begins August 13th. It runs for four weeks and ends September 10th.                     

The premise is a combination of bingo and video games and I cannot wait to start. You choose one of four characters and follow their path on the bingo board. There are also side quests you can take on the bingo board for more experience points! Oh yeah, you earn experience points and health points, and that is what determines the winner of the grand prize :) For more details, check out the sign up post.

I'm starting with the Rogue character quest.
My tasks are as follows:
  1. A banned book: Drama by Raina Telgemeier - this was challenged for having LGBT characters and being sexually explicit. My older kids have read all of Raina's books and love them. I, for one, am glad it seems to have a positive LGBT rep. [238 pages - 11 HP]
  2. A book with a partially obscured face: Roseblood by AG Howard, most likely. [419 pages - 41 HP]
  3. A book with under 500 ratings on Goodreads: I haven't yet decided, but most of my Netgalley books are under 500.
  4. A book published by a small press: Again, I will probably turn to my Netgalleys.
  5. A book with a one word title: Caraval by Stephanie Garber [401 pages - 40 HP]
I haven't yet decided if I will do any side quests, but I think I will be able to read 5 books in 4 weeks.

No comments: