Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August TBR List + Upcoming Releases


In July, I read 8 books and I am 5 books ahead of my Goodreads challenge! The furtherest ahead I have been this year so far and I could not be happier. I'm doing my post in a different set up because it looked overwhelming in bullets with so many books. So I'll talk about the mini challenge I did in July (like the one in June), list my Owlcrate and Books on my Desk, and quickly go over where I stand on my Netgalley books. Then as always, there are the main challenges I'm doing this year.

JULY MINI CHALLENGE
Read 2 Owlcrate books (3/2)
Read 2 Netgalley books (1/2)
Read 1 book off my desk (2/1)

OWLCRATE BOOKS
Roseblood, Caraval, Daughter of a Pirate King, The Sandcastle Empire, New World: Rising, and the Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

NETGALLEY
I started July with 70 books and read 1 book, DNF'd 1 book, and added 1 book. So August starts out at 69 books.

BOOKS ON MY DESK
The Slippery Slope, This Savage Song, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den (currently reading), Dead Reckoning, and Illuminae

MAIN CHALLENGES
Goodreads Challenge: 34/52 books - 63%
ABC Challenge: 15/26 books - 57%
Travel Gnome Challenge: 19/23 books - 82%
Series Challenge: 0/10 series - 0%
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 1/3 books - 33%
Netgalley Challenge: 12/25 books - 48%
Throwback Book Club: 21/12 books - 175%
Diversity Bingo 2017: 11/36 books - 30%
Overused YA Tropes Bingo 2017: 6/25 books  - 24%
20 Books of Summer: 13/20 books - 65%


And now for the August releases I am stoked for!!

August 1
The Countdown Conspiracy by Katie Slivensky
Sleeper by MacKenzie Cadenhead
All Things Now by Lauren Miller
Truthers by Geoffrey Girard
The Gravedigger's Son by Patrick Moody

August 8
League of American Traitors by Matthew Landis
This is Not the End by Chandler Baker
Little and Lion by Brandy Colbert
The Bakersville Dozen by Kristina McBride
Shimmer and Burn by Mary Taranta

August 10
S.T.A.G.S. by MA Bennett

August 15
Body Parts by Jessica Kapp
How I Magically Messed Up My Life in Four Freakin' Days by Megan O'Russell

August 17

The Color Project by Sierra Abrams

August 22
Mr. 60% by Clete Barrett Smith
The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes

August 29
Zero Repeat Forever by Gabrielle Prendergast
Sunshine is Forever by Kyle T. Cowan
All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis
Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
Unschooled by Allan Woodrow
The Secret Sheriff of Sixth Grade by Jordan Sonnenblick

What are you planning on reading in ?
What new releases are you looking forward to?

No comments: