Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates


I'm so happy! July has been my best reading month of the year to date. I completed 3 of my yearly challenges in July: my Goodreads reading challenge, Beat the Backlist, and Travel Gnome! So now I need to concentrate on finishing series, reviewing my Netgalley books, and catching up on Owlcrate books. :)

My Tentative TBR for August:
  • Brave Enough by Katie Gardener [Netgalley]
  • The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead [NEWTs]
  • Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead [NEWTs]
  • Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead [NEWTs]
  • My Fairy Godmother is a Drag Queen by David Clawson [NEWTs]
  • Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi [NEWTs]
  • The Apprentice Witch by James Nicol [NEWTs]
  • Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend [NEWTs]


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
I removed a series from my list and should clarify that although I may read books in a series, I don't always decided to read the entire series.
Books read in a series this month: 11 (The Delphi Effect, Unwind, Heart of Iron, Truthwitch, Turbo Twenty-Three, Hardcore Twenty-Four, The Chocolate Cat Caper, Paper Princess, Broken Prince, Twisted Palace, Fallen Heir)
Series finished this month: 0 (x) - Total for 2018: 3
Series started this month: 4 (The Delphi Effect, Heart of Iron, The Witchlands, The Royals) - Total for 2018: 11
Series tally: 42 + 4 - 1 = 45 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In July, I read 14 backlisted books: The Delphi Effect, Unwind, I Must Say, By Your Side, History Is All You Left Me, Truthwitch, Yes Please, Turbo Twenty-Three, Hardcore Twenty-Four, The Chocolate Cat Caper, Paper Princess, Broken Prince, Twisted Palace, Fantastic Beasts, Fallen Heir. My total is 51 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 58% 
Goodreads Challenge: 65/52 books - 125% COMPLETED!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 25/23 books - 108% COMPLETED!
Series Challenge: 3/10 series - 30% BEHIND!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 6/2 books - 300% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 18/24 books - 75% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 5/12 books - 41% BEHIND!
Popsugar Challenge: 29/20  - 145% COMPLETED!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 51/40 books - 127% COMPLETED!
Creating & Co Challenge: 5/9 books  - 55% BEHIND!

NETGALLEY 
I started July with 59 books. I read 1 books and added 1 books. So August starts out at 59 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold, Before She Ignites, The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, Ace of Shades, Sky in the Deep, and My Plain Jane.

What are you planning on reading in August?


No comments: