Tuesday, January 1, 2019

January Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

I can't believe 2018 has come and gone. I'm looking forward to a whole new year of reading and trying even more to mood read and not force myself to read things. In the new year, my goal is to read three books each month for a total of 36 books for the year. I want to read an Owlcrate book, a Netgalley book, and a mood read. So my listed TBRs might be pretty short.

My Tentative TBR for January:
  • My Plain Jane by The Lady Janies [Owlcrate]
  • Some Girls Bind by Rory James [Netgalley]
And now to close out my 2018 challenges!


My goal was to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 4 (Saga Vol. 2, Saga Vol. 3, Saga Vol. 4, Saga Vol. 5)
Series finished this month: 0 (x) - Total for 2018: 6
Series started this month: 0 (x) - Total for 2018: 12
Series tally: 43 + 0 - 0 = 43 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In December, I read 9 backlisted books: Turtles All the Way Down, Food: A Love Story, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Saga Vol. 2, Saga Vol. 3, Saga Vol. 4, Saga Vol. 5, Saga Vol. 6. My total is 79 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 100% 
Goodreads Challenge: 97/52 books - 186% COMPLETED!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 32/23 books - 139% COMPLETED!
Series Challenge: 6/10 series - 60% DID NOT COMPLETE!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 11/2 books - 550% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 21/24 books - 88% DID NOT COMPLETE!
Owlcrate Challenge: 6/12 books - 50% DID NOT COMPLETE!
Popsugar Challenge: 35/20  - 175% COMPLETED!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 79/40 books - 197% COMPLETED!
Creating & Co Challenge: 7/9 books  - 78% DID NOT COMPLETE!

And I'm taking it super easy on my 2019 challenges because I am in college now and will spend more of the year actively enrolled than last year.

2019 READING CHALLENGES:
Goodreads Challenge: 0/36 books
Series Challenge: 0/5 series

Netgalley Challenge: 0/12 books
Owlcrate Challenge: 0/12 books
Popsugar Challenge: 0/10 books

NETGALLEY 
I started December with 60 books. I read 0 books and added 1 book. So January starts out at 61 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, Ace of Shades, Sky in the Deep, My Plain Jane, Grace & Fury, Pride, Shadow of the Fox, Girls of Paper and Fire, and Amber & Dusk.

What are you planning on reading in January?




No comments: