Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.


  1. Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills | Small town, marching band, quiet guy - so basically I need this book asap. I loved Foolish Hearts and must read more Emma Mills this year. Publish date: January 19
  2. The Birds and the Bees, and You and Me by Olivia Hinebaugh | A girl decides to act out against the abstinence-only sex education by handing out condoms and wisdom in the girls' bathroom. Publish date: January 22
  3. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Bridget Kemmerer | Beauty and the Beast retelling with a MC with cerebral palsy. Publish date: January 29
  4. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo | Honestly, I need to read book 2 and 3 in the Grisha trilogy and also read the Six of Crows duology but I'm so excited about this book. Publish date: January 29
  5. 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne | I adore(d) The Hating Game and will ready anything by Thorne. Publish date: January 29
  6. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas | After the success of T.H.U.G. and as topical as it was wonderful and well-written, I'm excited for her sophomore novel. That's a term, right? Publish date: February 5
  7. Warrior Wild by Trisha Levenseller | Okay, so DoaPK was one of my favorite reads of 2018. I need to read the sequel asap, as I preordered it and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. But this is a Viking-inspired tale, so SIGN. ME. UP. SIS. Publish date: February 26
  8. Meet Me in Outer Space by Melinda Grace | An #Ownvoices novel about a college student with central auditory processing disorder. Really excited for this debut and to learn more about this disorder. Publish date: March 12
  9. The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston | This is a separate novel in the Once Upon a Con series with Geekerella being book 1. It's a retelling of the Prince and the Pauper. Also it's Ashley Poston. I read two of her books last year and loved them both. Publish date: April 2
  10. Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | It's a sci fi. It's Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. They could write the back of a cereal box and I would give it five stars and all the praise. SO READY. Publish Date: May 7

What are you excited for in the first half of 2019?


No comments: