Thursday, August 1, 2019

August Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates

Aug Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

I had a very successful reading month in July - the best of the year so far. I read 10 books and DNF'd 1 book (my first DNF of the year). I don't think it will continue, only because I have a new term of college starting and I am going to have a fire lit under my tush to get it done in the next 6 months. So no slacking and probably less reading.

I'm going a different route for August and I'm going to attempt to read a lot of my backlisted Jennifer L. Armentrout books and therefore am dubbing it Armentrout August. Below I have listed my options. All of these are books I own. At the top of my list is the two books left in the Lux series I want to finish and The Darkest Star, which I have to review for Netgalley. The rest are in publication order because I believe there are a few that may be spin offs, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. The reason I decided to go with Armentrout is because I have always found her books very easy to digest and I think that will be perfect for the month where I'm hoping to also finish at least 2 if not 3 classes.

My List of Options for August:
  • Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Wait for You by J. Lynn
  • Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2019 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 58% 
Goodreads Challenge: 50/36 books - 138% COMPLETED!
Series Challenge: 5/5 series - 100% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 10/12 books - 83% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 4/12 books - 33%  BEHIND!
Popsugar Challenge: 31/10 books - 310% COMPLETED!

NETGALLEY 
I started July with 61 books. I read 3 books and added 0 books. So August starts out at 58 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
Ace of Shades, Sky in the Deep, Grace & Fury, Girls of Paper and Fire, Amber & Dusk, The Gilded Wolves, Crown of Feathers, Four Dead Queens.

What are you planning on reading in August?





No comments: