Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Top Ten-ish Favorite Books of 2020

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.


Once again, I struggled to narrow down my favorites to just 10. So there are 6 extra honorable mentions :) I feel like overall, I had a pretty good reading year. I have completed reading 88 books - only 2 DNFs. I rated those two at a 1 star. I rated 13 books at 2 stars, 22 books at 3 stars, 32 books at 4 stars, and 21 books at 5 stars.


  1. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (January): I am so happy that I finally got around to reading this series this year. It is probably my favorite YA fantasy series of all-time. It was strong from start to finish and the world was super unique.
  2. Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa (April): I rarely enjoy second books, so the bar is always set really low. I enjoyed the follow up to Shadow of the Fox. Another really strong YA fantasy series.
  3. Becoming by Michelle Obama (May): I feel like this was the most profound book I read this year. Michelle is an excellent storyteller and I loved listening to her talk about her life from childhood to present time (via audiobook).
  4. Well Met by Jen DeLuca (June): I was super excited about the ren faire setting and it was so much fun!
  5. The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary (June): I'll be honest and say that I'm a sucker for the bright color, bold font, cartoon characters on the cover contemporary (as you can see by my faves), so I'm not sure if I would have picked this up on my own. The cover is so muted. The story though. This may be my favorite contemporary/romance of the year.
  6. Beach Read by Emily Henry (July): This one snuck up on my radar and was so enjoyable.
  7. Take a Hint, Dani Brown (August): I loved the first book and I loved this sequel even more. Dani was an awesome character.
  8. The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai (August): I loved the first book in the Modern Love series. I've since read the other two and they weren't as good as this one. I thought the romance was done so well. The characters were so well thought out.
  9. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (September): I didn't read a lot of thrillers this year, but this one really got me good. I didn't expect the ending in a million years. It was such a psychological mindfuck.
  10. Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman (December): Hands-down my favorite read of the whole year. What a fantastic second book. The Toll is definitely going to be something that I read first thing in January. The cliffhanger was killer!

Honorable mentions: As She Ascends by Jodi Meadows, A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer, The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco, Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters, The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco,  The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory 

What books made your favorites list of 2020?
Did any of mine make your list?

No comments: