Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer [Review]


Stats:
#1 in Mara Dyer series
466 Pages [Kindle]
Published 27 Sept 2011
ASIN: B004IK988I
Find on Goodreads



Synopsis:
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.



My Thoughts:
I wish I would have reviewed this one while it was fresh in my mind!

I'm a sucker for amnesia type storylines. Mara wakes up in a hospital, unable to remember what happened to her best friend, boyfriend, and boyfriend's sister. As the book progresses, she remembers more and more of the night that put her in the hospital and killed her three friends.

As a way to help their daughter cope, Mara's parents move her and her two brothers to Miami to start anew. Mara makes friends with this really awesome, dorky guy named Jamie. And the love interest is a bad boy, Noah. I really liked Noah. I really liked Jamie.

The story was good. I loved the cliffhanger. It's definitely one of those 'Oh S&!#' moments.



Previous Review:
13 to Life by Shannon Delany [here]

Linked up at...

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your review on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.Sounds like a book I would enjoy reading.

Unknown said...

sounds like an interesting story. Thanks for the review!

Emm said...

Aaah, I love these kind of books! Seems to me like a have a new purchase to make..

Denisa said...

Sounds like a great book. I will definitely read it.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the great review!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. May look into this after I finish what I'm reading now. :)

precious said...

This has been in my to-be-read list and I haven't had the guts to start it. Love your review..so maybe..it's time to get start with it. Thanks.

tara said...

i got this book for christmas and i can't wait to read it!

Kathleen said...

I too, love "amnesia" story lines. I'll have to get this one!

@trinicutiegal said...

sounds like an interesting read.

jennie said...

Very cool cover! I love a good series! :)

Bubblymuppet said...

I'm intrigued! I love a good cliffhanger =)

Anonymous said...

I have to add this to my to read list! Sounds fantastic!

Jordan said...

Sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog and have nominated you for the Lieber Book Award. Check it out here: http://livedonethousandlives.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-award.html