Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Awakening & The Struggle [Review]

**4.5 Stars**

Stats:
#1 & #2 in The Vampire Diaries series (2-in-1 volume)
500 Pages [Paperback]
[2-in-1] Published 26 June 2007
ISBN: 006114097X
Find on Goodreads 



Synopsis:
The Awakening: Elena Gilbert is a pretty, popular teen who was orphaned when her parents were killed in an accident. Despite the tragedy, her life has always been normal and wholesome. Until the beginning of the school year, when two new vampire brothers show up to shake the peaceful universe at Robert E. Lee High.

The Struggle: Torn between two vampire brothers. Damon: determined to make Elena his, he'd kill his own brother to possess her. Stefan: desperate for the power to destroy Damon, and protect Elena, he gives in to his thirst for human blood. Elena: the girl who can have anyone finds herself in the middle of a love triangle . . . one that might turn deadly.


My Thoughts:
I knew going in that the storyline of the books was different from the tv show. I'm up to date on the tv show and obsessed! I think I may have to start reading the books after the tv shows because it probably would've driven me nuts, much like Southern Vampire Mystery/True Blood did.

I'm not sure what to really say about the books - they are an easy read. I flew through this set of two-in-one. I think Elena is a little whinier in the books and self-centered. Bonnie is way cooler - she's much more chill without being super serious. Stefan is a little more likeable, but Damon...could he get any better?! I mean he is just as amazing as Ian Somerhalder portrays him to be on tv.



Previous Review:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins [here]

Linked up at...

3 comments:

tara said...

i want to read these after the show is over!

thenerdykatie said...

I started reading these & can't remember where I left off, I loved Meredith in them!

Shoshanah said...

I haven't read the books or watched an episode of the show. But I do think I'd enjoy both if I gave them the chance.