Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Deployment Tales: Third of Third


So we have hit our third month mark and are now 1/3 of the way through this 9 month deployment. I said on my facebook that I didn't want to jinx it, but it seems to be flying by super fast. I'm not sure how fast it is going by for Nick, but he is always busy. And the only days he is NOT busy are the days where I am - Murphy's Law of deployments. But I pretty much talk to him from 9a to 8p each day on Facebook on and off. He alternates calling and Skyping on his day off, so he can get one on one time with the kids.

Matthew and Cami still have rough days here and there, as do I, and I'm sure Nick does too (probably more than us). Mine are mostly just random moments where I really miss him and will cry a teensy bit for no real reason, no real trigger.

But honestly it really doesn't feel like it's been 3 whole months already. I think it feels more like a few weeks. I'm going to post at some point about our cake a month thing we do. This month we had a delicious carrot cake to celebrate one more month gone. We've also been sending care packages like crazy - Monday we sent out the 5th care package and yesterday I got some stuff at the store for a 6th :)

My only worry is that once September hits and both the kids are in school full-time, that it'll go slooooooow. Both Nick and I are going to be working on our bachelor's degrees, so I'm hoping 4 classes will keep me busy enough.

But until then, I'll just appreciate that the time is flying...and now for some pictures :)



One thing that makes me proud is that in nearly every picture someone else has taken of Nick, he is smiling. Everyone else may have a serious face, but he is grinning :)

hoo hoo!

No comments: