Sunday, July 7, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon [Book List + Updates]



It’s time to sign up for the fourth annual Once Upon a Readathon! This Readathon is hosted by Angela & Loretta at Reading Angels, Candace at Candace’s Book Blog and Lori of Pure Imagination. It runs from 12:01 am on July 8th to 11:59 on July 10th.

I'm coming straight out of the Summer Lovin' Readathon that has been my most successful readathon to date and figured why not go ahead and continue it. My only goal is to read at least 200 pages a day.

Book List:
Override (Glitch, #2)Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)Devil's Food Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #14)

Monday:
Currently Reading:
Article 5 (Article 5, #1)Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
Pages Read: Article: 184, Heist: 86, Storm: 105 | Total: 375

Notes: 12AM I am midway through Article 5 and I'm going to finish it up before starting Override or Heist. Not sure which one I want to read first :) 9AM Stayed up too late to finish Article, but going to start Heist soon! 11PM Oh goodness, I kind of got sucked into Storm because I'm past where season 3 ended now. ARGH. I have another 20 minutes to read, so I'll update my final daily count then. But right now I have a placemarker final count :)

Cover2Cover Mini Challenge: [here]
1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon. I am really excited to read Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I feel like I've been tracking this one for so long. I'm also excited to read the rest of what is released in the Stephanie Plum series.

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good thing? I would reread all of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter books. I can't even remember all of what has happened and I want to read the latest releases, but can't bring myself to read when I can't recall all the details.

3. and lastly, If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why? I think at this point...Daenarys Targaryen. I'm in a very ASOIAF obsessive state. I adore Martin's books (1/2 way through #3) and love the characters. Dany is a badass, but she's also completely compassionate. She's so awesome! 

BookBFFs Mini Challenge: [here]
I've been trying to comment about who my book bff is, but it's giving me errors - so here's what I'm trying to comment:

Hi Book BFFs! Stopping in from #OUReadathon - my book BFF is a tie between my husband and my friend, Melissa. My husband is starting to come to the dark side (aka reading fiction instead of nonfiction) and taking suggestions of books I've read or want to read. My friend Melissa has the exact same taste in books as I do. Both of them are so easy to start lengthy discussions about the books we've read.
 

Tuesday:
Currently Reading:
Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)Override (Glitch, #2)
Pages Read: Heist: 201, Storm: 133, Override: 13 | Total: 347

Notes: 10AM  I have my coffee and I'm read to go! Starting point: Heist - p.87 and Storm - p.696. 7PM I finished Heist before dinner and will be starting Override shortly. 11PM I have around 100 pages left in Storm and should be able to finish tomorrow. I have a little over 20 minutes left til Wednesday, so I'm starting Override now :)


Better Read Than Dead mini challenge: [here]
You're in a bookstore and you've just purchased 5 books you've been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits. (Zombie, Demons, Vampires, Dean Winchester vs. Sam Winchester (yes, I'm watching Supernatural reruns) I don't care what apocalypse). You've got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take? I'm going to assume it happens once Allegiant is out because that is what I am dying to read. I would take Allegiant and Game of Thrones. I would take my pocket knife, our tent, and my large pot (so I could boil water).


Wednesday:
Currently Reading:
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) Override (Glitch, #2)
Pages Read: Storm: 94, Override: 64 | Total: 158

Notes: 12AM Starting point for Storm: p.830 and Override: 4% 1PM I finished A Storm of Swords...just woah. I'm calling Season 4 the season of epicness for the tv show. If you are watching the show and haven't read the books, START NOW!!! I'm gonna work solely on Override for the rest of today :) 10PM Participated in the Twitter party :)

Dizneeee's World of Books mini challenge: [here]
My favorite genre is YA Fantasy
My favorite book is Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor.
My favorite character is Hermoine Granger.

Rainy Day Ramblings mini challenge: [here]
Did the puzzles :)
 
----------
Finishing Line
Books Finished:
Article 5 (Article 5, #1)Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
Total pages read: 880

Thoughts: My goal was 200 pages per day and I ended up missing that by 42 on Wednesday, but that's okay 880 is obviously more than 3 days of 200 pages...so overall a very fun time :) I loved this short & sweet little readathon.
 
hoo hoo!

No comments: