Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Book Review: Raspberry Danish Murder by Joanne Fluke


Publish Date: February 27, 2018
304 Pages [Kindle edition]
Published by Kensington

Synopsis:
Thanksgiving has a way of thawing the frostiest hearts in Lake Eden. But that won’t be happening for newlywed Hannah Swensen Barton—not after her husband suddenly disappears . . .
 
Hannah has felt as bitter as November in Minnesota since Ross vanished without a trace and left their marriage in limbo. Still, she throws herself into a baking frenzy for the sake of pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving-themed treats while endless holiday orders pour into The Cookie Jar. Hannah even introduces a raspberry Danish pastry to the menu, and P.K., her husband’s assistant at KCOW-TV, will be one of the first to sample it. But instead of taking a bite, P.K., who is driving Ross’s car and using his desk at work, is murdered. Was someone plotting against P.K. all along or did Ross dodge a deadly dose of sweet revenge? Hannah will have to quickly sift through a cornucopia of clues and suspects to stop a killer from bringing another murder to the table . . .


My Thoughts:
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.
I'm sad to say that this is the last Hannah Swensen book I will be reading. I've made it to 22 and that is an accomplishment, right? I feel like 80% of the book is food now. I love food, don't get me wrong, but there is little plot other than that. In the first book, there was only 7 recipes and this one has 29 recipes, if that tells you anything. The most interesting part to me in this installment was Moishe. I love Moishe.

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS:
In this installment, Ross is still missing. He leaves behind some weird things that make it seem like he planned to leave. His assistant, P.K., then mysteriously dies in a car crash and it turns out he was drugged. The story follows Hannah trying to find out where Ross is while also investigating what happened to P.K. (and if the drugs were meant for Ross).

I feel like these stories are so unrealistic now. The police wouldn't be giving out information to a civilian. No matter how small town and close they are. And no one could HONESTLY be as clueless as Hannah when she approaches a killer, especially after doing it so many times. GIRL - GO TO THE POLICE AND STAY SAFE. Once again, different scenes in the book (that don't include food) are so spelled out that it hurts to read the story. Once upon a time, these were some of my favorite easy reads, but now I feel like my enjoyment of these characters is gone. Also...#TeamNorman

Find on Goodreads

No comments: