Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

I have really gotten into saving book quotes on Goodreads lately. I've been tabbing (and highlighting in Kindle) my favorites and I've found so many great quotes. If you follow me on Goodreads, I believe you'll see them as I save/share them. Some of these are my all-time favorite quotes and others are just more recent favorites.
  1. “"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one.”" - George R.R. Martin in A Dance for Dragons
  2. "If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats." - Lemony Snicket in The Wide Window
  3. "Control is an illusion. Expectations will not rule my days. Not anymore." - Renee Adhieh in Flame in the Mist
  4. "“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad." "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”" - Lewis Carroll in Alice In Wonderland
  5. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - JK Rowling in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  6. "Everything in the universe was thought to be magic once, before we came to understand it. We thought the stars were magic, but they aren't, are they? They're just hydrogen and helium and light traveling through space." - Lauren DeStefano in The Glass Spare
  7. "And in my experience, well-read people are less likely to be evil." - Lemony Snicket in The Slippery Slope
  8. "People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict." - Lemony Snicket in The Grim Grotto
  9. "White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default." - Becky Albertalli in Simon Vs. The Homo sapiens Agenda
  10. "Hope in the shadow of fear is the world's most powerful motivator." - Neal Shusterman in Scythe

No comments: