Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My SVT Story [1 Month Post-Ablation]

For previous posts, click the label "SVT" at the end of this post or at the bottom of my blog.

I'm officially one month out from my ablation. My heart has been doing pretty well, my mind...not so much. Last update, I spoke on some post-ablation complications. I believe that the pulmonary embolism is a result of the ablation, but I will be getting more information on Friday when I see my electrophysiologist for a follow-up appointment for the pulmonary embolism. Because I believe it's a result of the ablation, I do want to talk about how it's affecting me and my healing process. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been here post-procedure.

I have gone to the ER three times in the last week. I went for upper back pain and was concerned that it was related to the embolism, but it's most likely due to the amount of stress I'm under. I have knots in my back and it's causing some pain in my back, shoulders, and neck. I went the day after that because I knocked my head on a windowsill and was told if I hit my head, to go to the ER because I am on a blood thinner (that doesn't have an antidote). It wasn't a hard hit and I didn't have any symptoms that would be cause for concern, so I was sent on my way. Then I went yesterday because I was having a little chest pain, again concerned it was related to the embolism. They ran bloodwork and watched vitals. Everything looks good - no heart attack, no damage to my heart, and the blood thinners are working to keep new clots from forming.

I really do feel like my anxiety is back to the levels it was like after I was diagnosed with SVT before I could really get enough information about the condition. I am hoping to be somewhat okay until Friday after hearing that everything looks good and that I continue to work on being less anxious. I am looking forward to my 6 week check-up (which is scheduled at 8 weeks) because I would like to start doing yoga again. I think it will really help me a lot. Especially with the muscle knots and soreness.

No comments: