Saturday, August 18, 2012

10 Deadliest Sharks [Review]


Stats:
120 Pages
Published 14 Dec 2010
ISBN: 0982750722
Amazon//Barnes&Noble


Synopsis:
Sharks are one of the world's oldest and most ferocious predators. For as long as man has entered the sea, sharks have struck fear in their hearts. This groundbreaking graphic novel from Discovery Channel and Silver Dragon Books examines the world's deadliest sharks and sheds light on their true nature, refuting the notion that they are mindless killing machines, but in reality are among the most amazing and well adapted creatures on earth.


My Thoughts:

When I saw this galley on NetGalley, I was all over it. I wasn't even aware that Shark Week 2012 was coming up when I saw it, but perfect timing :)

This book is in a comic book format and is packed with tons of information about ten different species of shark. It took me quite a while to read this book because I kept jumping to Google and Youtube to look up stuff about the sharks I was reading about. I highly recommend this to any shark enthusiasts or even non-shark enthusiasts, as sharks are fascinating creatures and I think that educating people about them is the best way to teach people to respect sharks. I've been watching Shark Week this year and was excited to read more about the insane shark attack involving Rodney Fox, who I had seen on the "How Jaws Changed the World" special. I'd have to say the most interesting of all the sharks discussed is the Shortfin Mako. I can't wait to go Google-crazy and learn more.
Thank you to NetGalley and Zenescope for a galley copy of this book.


Previous Review:
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater [here]

1 comment:

Lena B, Actually said...

My son loves sharks! I might have to get this!