Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bout of Books 5.0 Goals



Oh yeah! Bout of Books 5.0 starts reallllll soon - next week, in fact, on August 13th. I'm really excited about it because in July I read 3 books and got super behind in all my reading. Each month I try to read around 8 books. So right now I have 4 from June and 6 from July that I didn't get around to reading and I really want to catch up. I really want to get back into reading more. Lately I've been in such a slump trying to read anything. Not that I'm bored with reading, I just get so tired trying to read. :( So here's the plan...because I'm the (wo)MAN WITH THE PLAN!

The Goals:
  • Read 300 pages each day.
  • Finish 5 books - Finished 1 Finished 2
  • Participate in at least 3 challenges - Two finished on Tuesday Done on Weds.
  • Participate in 2 Twitter chats - One down on Monday Done on Weds.
  • Visit bloggers also participating and leave lots of comment love - every day!
  • Beat my last readathon accomplishments: 4 books, 1393 pages At 2 books, 867 pages
The Books:
  • The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
  • The Death Cure by James Dashner
  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - Monday
  • Linger by Maggie Stiefvater - Wednesday
  • Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  • Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
  • Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
Total of 9 books and 3227 pages. To get all of these done, I would have to read over 400 pages a day. But I like to overchallenge myself. :) I at least want 5 books read and 300 pages each day. We'll see what happens!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

25 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

Cool!
I'd love to read 400 pages a day! I'll be lucky to finish the 600 pg book I just borrowed from the library in the next 3 weeks. :S

Amy Powell said...

good luck with your goals here! I love reading, but have such a hard time fitting it in. wishing you the best!

Hope you had a lovely weekend! <3 Amy from Interpret As You May
{Giveaway going on now at amyreneonline.com. Would love to see you there!}

creativedeeds said...

Great list of books! I've read Shiver, Linger and Forever and loved them. Good luck and have fun! I'll have to go back and see how many pages I read last time. I know I read 6 books - finally got over the 5 book slump!

Anonymous said...

300 pages a day is a good number, I probably won't be able to match that lol but good luck, you have a great looking list of books too!

Kat C @ Books and Sensibility said...

I'm like you, I like to over challenge myself as well. I love that you did the math for all the pages !Good luck and Happy reading !

Jessie Marie said...

I like to overchallenge myself, too. Feels good to see those goals listed out. : )

I love Shiver (have yet to read the rest of the series...) and Shadow and Bone but all of your planned books look awesome, naturally!

Have fun! : )

Jessie Marie
The Daily Bookmark

Unknown said...

All the books in your list seem amazing. I read Anna Dressed in Blood in the previous bout of books. I was amazing. :)
My Goals

Rebecca @ Garrulous and Bookish said...

That's a great book list. The Scorch Trials and Shiver are on my TBR list. I really enjoy the Stephanie Plum books (very funny, would be great to read for a readathon- I didn't think of them).

Enjoy your books :)

Rochelle said...

Great list of books, love that you're reading the whole Shiver series. My goal is also to read at least five books, hope we both nail it :)

Good Luck!

Rochelle @ Books Like Stars

Unknown said...

Good list of books! I want to read Shadow and Bone also! :)


Tabby @Insightful Minds
Check out my - BOut of Books Goals (:

Think said...

Wow. Great list of books! I had all but 2 on my TBR list, so I am excited to see your thoughts as you finish them!

Anonymous said...

Not seen any of these before, so really looking forward to seeing what you think of them (my TBR is horrendous greedy and always on the hunt for more!). Good luck for bout of books :D

Patricia's Particularity said...

Wow 300 pages a day is a great goal! I wish I could read that fast lol. Unfortunately I am a slooooow reader. I can't wait to see what you think of Maggie's series - I have yet to get into it but I have the books. Good luck girl!

Unknown said...

Hey i'm doing this read-a-thon too :). And i'm a new follower !
You're going to read a lot of good books !! OMG Maggie Stiefvater's books are the best <3. She is one of my favorite author and this series is amazing I hope you'll like them :). I can't wait to read The Raven Boys the first book in her new series I have already pre-ordered it ^^.
I heard amazing things about Shadow and Bone. I can't wait to see if you liked it ! I need to buy a copy...
Good luck !

Jayla | LadyBlueJay said...

300 pages a day is a lot (for me at least), but I am sure you can pull through. Looking at your stats for last year tells me so.

I've been wanting to check out Shadow and Bone. Every one seems to be raving about it!

Lauren @ Northern Plunder said...

Good luck! I have a habit of over-challenging myself too :3

Here is my Goal post
Lauren from Northern Plunder

Hollie said...

I've heard really great things about Shadow and Bone, so I hope you enjoy it! I've only read Shiver from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and it was so long ago that I need to re-read it before I read the other two books. Good luck in reaching your goal!

Anonymous said...

good luck! i never thought about putting a goal for the amount of pages, it might be easier to accomplish that way. also, i love the stephanie plum books, that one will go fast! :) ~dixie

McKenna said...

Wow! 300 pages a day! Girl, you are ambitious for sure! Lots of great titles on there! Enjoy your read a thon! Good luck. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

McKenna @ Young at Heart

Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said...

I've been in a slump as well, so I completely understand. I really hope you manage to meet all of your goals! You have some great books on your list.

Aneeqah said...

Some really awesome goals, Sarah!! 5 books seems like the perfect goal, I'm hoping to read 7, but I'd settle for 5. ;) One of my goals is also to participate in some challenges, I didn't do that last time! And leaving comment love is also on my list. It seems like we have similar goals! =) Your TBR list looks AWESOME! The Alchemyst is awesome, as is Anna Dressed In Blood, and The Scorch Trials is as well. SO many great books! Good luck, Sarah, and have a blast!

Jo K said...

A great selection of books! I wonder what you'll thing of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Good luck with your goals and have fun!

Rubita said...

OMG, I didn't count pages! Now I'm nervous. I think I'm going to readjust my goals. *bites nails*

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

400 pages a day - wow, you're brave! But I hope you'll reach your goal - you can do it!! :)

Here are my book choices and goals

bookbitereviews said...

Lots and lots of great books! I love Maggie Stiefvaters wolf series!

Good Luck!
-Becky

Here is mine